Your coaches spent this past weekend in a clinic discussing the upcoming season, program curriculum, and ALL OF YOU! We are all very excited to have you on snow this weekend. We will have an emphasized focus on the schedule function within TeamSnap so that is encompasses more than just the race schedule. Coaches have started updating their calendars to help it be an informational hub for athletes and families. Your coaching team would like to communicate the following information ahead of Saturday so you know where to meet the coaches for each age group:
MINI WORLD CUP
U8 – Base of D Lift on the Wilbur side at 9:00AM, look for age group signs
U10 – Base of D Lift on the Wilbur side at 9:00AM, look for age group signs
U12/14 – Base of D Lift on the Wilbur side at 9:00AM, look for age group signs
U10 – Base of C Lift at 8:45AM
U12 – Base of C Lift at 8:30AM
EXCELSIOR/KANDAHAR (U14’s who signed up for Kandahar are in this group)
U14 – Base of A Lift at 8:15AM
U16/19 – Base of A Lift at 9:00AM
Here are some important notes as we head into our first weekend:
- Athletes MUST have their pass in order to ride the lift. The gates will not open without the pass. Please do not let your athlete come to program without a pass!
- Please make sure your athlete has the appropriate outerwear for the day. The weather report tells one story but the actual weather at the mountain might be a bit different. Always be prepared!
- Make sure your athlete is in the proper team on TeamSnap in order to receive the correct communication for their age group.
- Being on time is a necessity. Please, please, please make sure you have your athletes on snow, ready to go at the proper time and location.
- The Competition Center will be staffed from 8:00AM-4:00PM on Saturday and 8:00AM-3:00PM on Sunday. If you are running excessively late, please come to the Comp Center for help in finding the correct group.
- Attached is the WRF Code of Conduct. Each athlete must have a completed CoC in order to participate in the program. There is space for families to include all of their athletes on one CoC. It can completed electronically by following these steps:
- We will have age group meetings but the actual schedule is still being ironed out. I will send out a proper agenda later this week of time and location for each age group over the weekend.
Please don’t hesitate to reach out with any questions but remember, the TeamSnap calendar is a great resource! This is going to be a busy weekend with a lot of moving parts. Your patience and understanding is greatly appreciated as we get this program wheels moving.
See you Saturday!
Alpine Race Program Director | Windham Race Factory
19 Resort Drive | Windham, NY 12496