WRF Athlete 2 Coach Program
Our mission at The Windham Race Factory is to teach children how to become fantastic skiers and cultivate skills for life, all while fostering a culture of healthy competition and sportsmanship.
We have a long history of producing great ski racers since 1971. But not all athletes in our program have the desire to pursue ski racing at the higher levels. So, to give our athletes other opportunities to use their talents and learn new skills while maintaining their connection to the program, we have developed an “Athlete 2 Coach” track that will begin this season.
Read more below to learn all about the program. If you have any questions, please reach out to Domenica Mastroianni at firstname.lastname@example.org
Enrollment in this program will be accepted through December 1st. To enroll your child, please reach out to Sean Warman at email@example.com
Qualifications and Requirements
- Must have completed 3 years in the WRF program.
- Must have a coach’s recommendation for the program.
- Must commit to 20+ days with the WRF for the season.
- Must complete 10 days of training.
- Must be at least 14 years old.
- Program to be led by Sean Warman and the WRF leadership team.
- Each athlete will be assigned a mentor coach who will support them throughout the season.
- Topics to be covered
○ Basics to Teaching Methodology
○ WRF Coaching Philosophy
○ Ground-Up Approach
○ Motor Skill Development
○Team Values and Goals
○ Setting Training Environments
○ Core Drills
○ Race Course Safety
○ Overview of Race Officials’ Duties
○ Assist in Running Races
- Upon successful completion of the program, the Athlete will be offered a job with the Windham Race Factory.
- Training with the Program Director and other WRF leaders and Head Coaches.
- Internship-like exposure to organizational aspects of running a ski program.
- 1:1 relationship-building with a Mentor Coach
- Following the first 10 days of training, fulfilling the training requirements, athletes will be eligible for a position as an assistant coach in the Windham Race factory as a paid employee.*
- All candidates must complete 20 days with the team to be hired the following season.
*Please Note: You must continue to attend training after being hired as an assistant coach.
- Season pass must be paid for, but it will be refunded upon becoming an assistant coach.