U10 Development Team News
Program start date is December 18th
Program kick-off information
- What does my child need BEFORE they get on the lift?
- Pack backpack to bring on the hill: snack, water, hand warmers, extra layer of clothing
- Check TeamSnap to be sure you have the right skis and equipment for training
- Dress for the weather
- Load the lift
- Where does my child meet her/his coach?
- Always check TeamSnap weekly email from Maris Jurevics to be sure you are aware of any schedule changes. Typically all U10s will meet their coaches on the hill after Health Check.
- Who are the officers of the Parent’s Association?
- Tara McCarthy
- Brian Conneely
- James Montague
- What is the size of ski pods?
- We will look to have all groups of up to 6 athletes or smaller
- When we are training on Warm Up or Why Not we will ask athletes to circle around in groups of 2 to avoid clustering and support social distancing
- Where do I find the U10 race schedule?
- All races have been added to the TeamSnap Schedule in your app and can also be found on The WRF Website
- Who do I contact if my athlete is late to program?
- Nancy or Domenica
- How will I know if the daily schedule has changed or if a program day has been delayed/cancelled due to weather?
- All scheduling updates and changes for U10s specifically will come from Maris Jurevics using TeamSnap.
- Your TeamSnap App will also list schedule start times on the schedule tab
- Program wide announcements will come from Sean Warman and be available on our WEBSITE
- What is the protocol for athletes getting together outside of the program?
- We encourage all of our families to follow state recommendations and to support our safety guidelines on and off the hill.
- Working together we can all do our part to ensure we get to do what we love = skiing
- Where do I meet my child at the end of the program day?
- U10s will be self dismissed. In doing so, we hope to minimize congregation and congestion at the bottom of the hill.
- We recommend that you discuss as a family ahead of time where to meet.
- What should my child have in her/his backpack? (Or in her/his pockets!)
- Snack - fruit, granola bar, thermos of soup, juice box
- Water bottle
- Possibly an extra layer of clothing, hand warmers, back up neck warmer
- Where am I able to meet my child inside? Will we have access to the lodge?
- For any resort specific changes please always check the Windham Resort Website
- The main lodge and Wheelhouse will allow for 50% occupancy
- The 3500 Club will only allow for moving traffic, no lingering
- There are heated benches and a fire pit at the base
Development Team U10
U10 - Daily Training Schedule*:
Meeting Place: Health Screen
Morning Session: 8:30 - 11:45AM
Afternoon Session: 12:30 - 2:30PM
Note that athletes may participate in afternoon session ONLY IF they participated in the morning session OR were health screened in the morning. There is not a health screening facility available in the afternoon.
*Subject to change; changes will be communicated via TeamSnap
Be on time! - you should be at the Meeting Place 5 minutes before session start
U10 Race Schedules 2021:
U10 Race and Camp Schedule:
How do I register?
- You can register for all of your races at the same time (note that currently we are waiting for West Mtn to add the entry form for Kandahar Festival)
- www.adminskiracing.com is the entry portal for ALL race registration - including MWC.
- Race registration for all mountains closes at 12pm the Thursday before the race
What memberships do I need?