It’s difficult to know sometimes at the beginning of the season if your child is better suited towards one group or another. We would recommend that you consider the structure of the group, All Mountain being the least structured and Race being the most structured, as the starting point and then match from there. However, if your child starts in one group and decides that it is not the best fit, we are happy to work with you to find the group or team that best matches his or her needs.
This is common as children are new to the program and working to find the best fit. If you think that your child needs to be in a different group, please let us know and we will work with you to find the best fit for your child.
General program days start between 8am and 9am (depending on the group) and end between 2:00pm and 3:00pm. For more examples of a typical program day for each group, you can go to The Windham Race Factory website under Programs and choose specific group to see more details for each group.
- We aim at having all groups 6x1 or smaller
- When we are training on Warm Up or Why Not, we will ask athletes to circle around in groups of 2 to avoid clustering
Program prices do not include lift tickets or a season pass, which are required. Click here to purchase.
We do not serve lunch. Athletes and families are expected to either bring their own or make arrangements to eat during the lunch break period.
- We encourage all of our families to follow state recommendations and to support our safety guidelines on and off the hill
- Working together we can all do our part to ensure we get to do what we love - skiing
- Tara McCarthy
- Brian Conneely
- James Montague
- Pack backpack to bring on the hill: snack, water, hand warmers, extra layer of clothing
- Check TeamSnap to be sure you have the right skis and equipment for training that day
- Dress for the weather and in layers
- Load the lift
- Snack - fruit, granola bar, thermos of soup, healthy snacks
- Water bottle
- Possibly an extra layer of clothing, hand warmers, toe warmers, back-up neck warmer
Please check our programs page for team specific meeting location. Always check TeamSnap communication sent by your coach for any schedule changes as well. Typically all athletes will meet their coaches on the hill or at the bottom of chair lift.
All Race Teams will be self dismissed. For U10 and under coaches will communicate dismissal procedure via TeamSnap. We recommend that you discuss as a family ahead of time where to meet.
- All scheduling updates and changes for for each Team will come from your coach via TeamSnap
- Program-wide announcements will come from Sean Warman and be available on our WRF Website
Information will be available prior to December 1st.
This information is likely to change daily and will be communicated by coaches via TeamSnap. (U10 and under will only use one pair skis and will not need to change)
The race schedule for each season usually gets posted around December. Your head coach will communicate the schedule as soon as possible to help you prepare for the season, especially if there are travel races involved. Race schedule will also be updated on team page and on WRF team calendar.
Equipments & Clothing
Once your athlete is registered for the program, he or she will be eligible to receive a team jacket. Information will be sent out prior to the start of next season to order a team jacket. More information will also be posted on our Team Apparel page.
We do our best to communicate racing gear and gear needs by age group or team prior to the start of each season. Click here to learn more information about choosing ski equipment.
If you have specific questions about gear, please reach out to our Program Director, Sean Warman, at WRFsupport@windhammountain.com